Construction works of the X2-GP10 interchange: Prestressed concrete viaducts
The project concerns the development of the X2 express road between the GP9 and the GP10, the construction of the X2 interchange is among the projects to strengthen and develop the road network in greater Tunis, which extends over a total length of 2.20km.
The project aims to upgrade line X2 to 2x3 lanes, to remove the level crossing of the existing metro-line at avenue Louis Braille. It also helps reduce the traffic flow at the intersections of Alain Savary and GP 10, where the traffic intensity reaches 50 thousand vehicles per day.
Among the works are:
- The construction of a pre-stressed concrete slab bridge-type viaduct crossing the GP10 road in eight sections (32 spans) with a total length of 670m founded on piles with deep foundations: this work eliminates the intersection of the X2 road with the railroad at the station cited El Khadra, to alleviate road congestion in neighborhoods and adjacent areas;
- The construction of a pre-stressed concrete slab bridge-type viaduct connecting the GP9 and GP10 in three sections (09 spans) with a total length of 185m based on piles with deep foundations;
- Access ramps and associated supports
- The drainage of the roads, by the construction of a buried collector of length 3.70 km.
- Crossroads and side lanes development work
- Construction of hydraulic structures: scuppers, gutters, etc.
Works and Project Studies Company - ETEPDate
European Investment Bank (EIB)